Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stacian "Pul" EP


Awesome! Over the summer I had the good fortune to mix a few tracks for Dania Luck's project Stacian. Most of those tracks have manifested on the Pul 7 inch released by Moniker Records. My copy arrived in the mail very recently and today I listened to the finished product. Pul is three great jams, and filled with some of the best synth riffs I've heard in recent years. Stacian is a little bit high space fantasy, it's a little bit of DIY urgency, and a lot of good songwriting. With just a few pieces of gear (one Jupiter 6 and a TR606) Stacian pilots the listener through intense but brief trips through action filled spacescapes. I wonder if she watched any Silverhawks growing up. I'm glad to see Micro Trauma made it on the record, it's one of my favorites.

Stacian is going on tour with Gel-Set in November. Look to http://www.staciansound.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment